Monday 28 May 2012

NZ Holiday Palmy

For the past two weeks Auron and I have been back home in NZ. Poor Aarahi stayed at home and went to work. I can honestly say it was the longest two weeks of my life. I missed Aarahi terribly but we still had an amazing time back home. I guess it's one of the sacrifices we have to make since we moved countries. Our kids still need to know their family and get to spend time with them, and sometime we just wont be able to go together.
So what did we get up to? we flew into auckland at 5am and spent the day with our family their before heading down to Palmy later that afternoon. The next day Aarahi's little brother and the youngest of the nine Matthews kids returned home from his mission in the Philippines.  It was really good to see him after a two year stint away. He's still the same, not much different there. We spent the next couple of evenings with all of Aarahis siblings and their families. The kids have all grown so much even in the last 6 months since ive seen them. Auron spent a good deal of time running around with his cousin Cumorah who is only a few months older than him.
My mum had the week off work so we spent a lot of time together which was lovely. We ate A LOT...well I did. Whenever I go home there is a long list of food I need to eat. Palmy has some good cheap places to eat and I am yet to find somewhere here in Melbourne that matches it. I guess i just need to keep searching, seeing as Melbourne is known for its food.
While I was home, a rash that I had had in Melbourne went a bit crazy to the extent it was all over my body. Seeing as mum is a midwife up at the hospital we bypassed the emergency room and headed up to the maternity ward (lucky I was actually pregnant). Saw the doctor up there, she said it was an allergic reaction to something, and dosed me up of a few different antihistimines. They decided to do a quick check of baby. They couldnt find the heartbeat with the normal doppler, so hooked up the CTG machine....still can't find baby, better just check with an ultrasound, and there baby was swimming around like a pro. We ended up staying on a couple hours more so that the Doctors friend who was sitting her ultrasound exam the next week could practice on me. It was pretty cool getting a good long ultrasound and seeing the baby doing its cute little things. When I was pregnant with Auron the ultrasound person wasn't too keen on showing me the scan or explaining things.
My friend Ash and Great Aunty came over from Wellington and New Plymouth which was awesome as I don't think I would've made it down to see them otherwise. I was really good to see all my old friends and catch up on all the news etc.
Mum and Auron while waiting at the Hospital

Auron with some of his cousin (he wasn't too happy about it). Wish I had more photos but couldn't find my camera  for awhile.

Punk the cat kept wanting to sleep with Auron. I don't know why  because Auron tormented him all week.

Wearing Uncle Teinas shoes.

On Tuesday afternoon Mum, Teina, Auron and I headed down to Wellington to catch the plane to Auckland......

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...