Auron isn't a bit dinner eater so I have to make sure he has a decent lunch to make up for it. He has a cool little lunch box I fill up for him each day which is divided into 4 little compartments which makes it easy for him to see exactly what's in there.
Here's a list of some of our favourite ideas
- Popcorn (usually just plain)
- Mini Quiches I usually make a big batch and add some extra veges. Then pop them in a bag in the freezer.
- Homemade fish sticks. Just cut up some fresh fish and crumb it then freeze it separately (so they don't stick together) before putting them in a bag. If your kids don't like fish, try chicken instead.
- Hummus and vege sticks.
- Bliss Balls are a great alternative to muesli bars you can make any combination of nuts and dry fruit you like. Our favourites are cashews and almonds
- Wraps. Instead of bread try a wrap instead, it cuts down on the bread but still gives the convenience of sandwiches. Fill them up with things like deli meats and salads.
- Cold pasta salad. This is a clear favourite with Lili.
- Fruit Salad
- Mini Pizzas (even cold pizza is good!)
Some other links to find yummy lunch box ideas
Fresh for Kids
Stay at Home Mum
Post a Comment