2 C Plain flour
4 Tablespoons Cream of Tartar
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 C Salt
2 C Water
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, oil and salt in a large saucepan
- Add the food colouring to the water and then add to the saucepan as well
- Stir over medium heat for 3-5 mins or until mixture congeals.
- You can tell if it's ready when you touch it and its no longer sticky
- Tip out on to bench and allow to cool a little before kneading it a bit.
Tips and Tricks
- Add glitter
- Divide the mixture in half and make different colours
- Add some scents like vanilla (be careful my kids thought it smelt so nice that it was good enough to eat)
- Store in a plastic container or bag. It will last for months.