This is the cake my husband requests every year for his birthday, fathers day and any other time he is given the honour of requesting a cake. It is also a great cake for decorating as it's pretty solid and holds it's form well.
Moist German Chocolate Cake
4C Plain Flour
3C White Sugar
1/2 C Cocoa
4 Heaped Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 C Milk
3 Tablespoons Vinegar
250g Melted Butter
3 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1 3/4 C Water
395g Can of Condensed Milk
1 Egg Yolk
1-2 C Dessicated Coconut
- Preheat oven to 170*C/325*F
- In a large bowl combine, flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre and add eggs, milk and vinegar
- Mix well
- In another bowl mix butter, baking soda and water, stirring well to combine
- Add the butter mix to the large bowl and stir well (it's a very runny mixture so don't worry)
- Pour into a lined and greased tin or roasting dish.
- Bake at for 40 mins or until skewer comes out clean
To make the filling
- In a medium saucepan combine condensed milk egg yolk and butter
- Over a medium heat stir constantly until butter has melted and simmering
- Continue to stir for a further minute
- Remove from heat and add the coconut. You want a thick but still spreadable consistency.
Once cake has cooled slice in half and spread the coconut filling on one side. Replace the top. You can leave as is or add an icing of choice.
Post a Comment