This recipe is one I have perfected over the last little while and has been given the stamp of approval by even my pickiest of eaters. It is definitely a substantial cake and can be cooked in all sorts of different pans, you will just need to watch the cooking times. It is incredibly moist and will keep its moistness for several days just left on the bench...if it lasts that long.
I just love the awesome caramelly colour it comes out as. Such a nice change from the boring chocolate cake brown. Oh and not to forget the smell! I think it kind of smells a bit like Christmas with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2 C Sugar
- 1 C Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 C Carrots Grated
- 1/2 C Sultanas
- 1/2 C Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat Oven to 180C/350F and grease and line a 20cm cake tin
- In a large bowl beat the Sugar, Oil and Eggs until thick and pale
- Into the same bowl sift in Flour, Salt, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- Mix until well combined
- Stir in the Carrots, Sultanas and Walnuts
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 50-60mins or until skewer comes out clean when poked.
For the Icing:
Once the cake has cooled completely ice with cream cheese icing and top with chopped nuts and cranberries.
Cream cheese Icing
Beat together 250g/8oz pack of Cream Cheese along with 1/2 stick of butter. Gradually add in 2-3 C of icing sugar and 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla. If its too thick add a little milk.
Post a Comment