Woohoo we have come to the end of our first week of the Month of Fun. Today we went to church. One of my favourite parts of Sunday is having lovely babysitters (thanks Kayrooz family) who love our kids and pretty much steal them as soon as they walk in. It's nice because the kids love them and are happy to go with them. It also gives us a bit of a break, and I get to sit with my lovely husband and hold his hand without anyone else demanding my attention!
I had intended to make these lacing boards before we went to church as a nice quiet activity for Auron, but I decided to have a nap instead since I only got a few hours sleep last night. The idea came from HERE.
Here's what to do
1. Cut out the shapes you want on cardboard. You want them quite large.
2. Glue on some cute scrap-booking paper or card
3. After the glue has dried, use a hole punch to make holes even distances around the edge of the shape.
4. Attach a length of string to the card through one of the holes.
5. On the other end of the string attach a bobby pin or anything else you think would work well as the "threader". The original poster used a piece of drinking straw, I will probably do that once I find my straws...
Voila all done
These have kept Auron busy for 30mins so far and he doesn't seem to be getting bored yet
Post a Comment