Today started early as always. Lili is still waking at night, only once but she wakes screaming hysterically and takes a good hour to calm down. It's really strange. So we are still exhausted. Auron usually stands at his door and whimpers and whines until I tell him to come into our room just before 6am. I don't know why he just stands there and complains. I guess I should count myself lucky that he isn't one of those kids that constantly get up out of bed each night.
Once he comes in he's loud and wants to wake Lili up. That girl needs her sleep! So the last 2 days I've told him to go turn the tv on. This gives me 30mins extra 'sleep' before the images of him burning the house down cooking toast are too much for me to handle.
Now that is how my morning started.
For our fun activity today I made the kids coloured spaghetti noodles, the cooked kind.
Here's how to do it:
1. Boil your pasta noodles until cooked well
2. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process
3. In a zip lock bag combine 1-2 teaspoons of food colouring and 2 Tablespoons of water
4. Place the pasta into the bag and squish around until well covered
5. Allow to sit for 1 minute so the colour can soak in
6. Pour back into colander and rinse a 2nd time under cold water to remove excess colour.
Now Auron HATED this, he was freaked out by the texture, but it was right up Lili's ally. It went straight into the mouth and she thoroughly enjoyed squishing it between he fingers.
Since it only has food colouring and water added it is totally edible, if your kids are into rainbow coloured pasta for dinner...
I wish different colours but once I went to the cupboard I remembered an incident which occurred a few months ago involving a 2 year old, food colouring and our bed....
I have also made coloured pasta and rice using dry pasta. This stuff is great we have had it for over a year now and its still in use. We get it out about once or twice a week. You can find the instructions for that HERE